Shell companies have been finding and producing oil and gas around the world for over a century. Today, we have interests in exploration and production ventures in more than 80 countries and employ approximately 90,000 people.
This is a technically challenging work environment characterised by a continuing need for research, the pursuit of new technology, and the adoption of new ways of working. It demands people who will thrive in a culture that encourages and rewards innovation, collaboration and the ability to learn from success as well as failure.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. It is capable of producing an average of over one million barrels of oil equivalent per day. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
We therefore need competent Nigerian Engineering professionals with deepwater experience who have spent at least 8 years (post-NYSC) focused on practicing the pipeline or similar discipline
- This experienced professional will be supporting asset integrity and delivery of projects from the front-end through execution and commissioning towards value maximisation.
- She/he will be responsible for delivering safe, cost/schedule effective and efficient projects; and will be looked up to as important contributors to ongoing projects realization and strategic cost leadership practices within the Deep water Projects organisation.
- Carry out pipeline mechanical design, Multiphase modeling & other hydraulic studies, wall thickness calculations, materials selection, Flowline routing, installation considerations, Analysis of stability, expansion, span, buckling, stress, FEA, Cathodic protection, coating and insulation requirements studies, Riser pull-in studies including preparing specifications for riser pull-in equipment, Flowline jumper configuration and connection systems studies, stress analysis etc.
- Interface with project leads of related disciplines, Technical Authorities (TA) and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to ensure compliance with current legislation, industry standards and company procedures.
- Prepare and maintain safety and environmental aspects of the pipeline project.
- Prepare maintenance and operation manuals.
- Participate and contribute to pipeline related aspects of commissioning, start-up and test runs.
- Flowline technical lead primarily for Deepwater projects, for design, fabrication, installation and pre-commissioning.
- Coach and develop staff on pipeline design, fabrication and installation issues.
- Provide steer to EPC contractors during, design, fabrication, testing and installation activities. Review, comment and verify contractors engineering.
- Support SNEPCo in implementation of Nigeria Content.
Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelors’ degree or similar degree in Engineering – Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Marine, Construction Management, Offshore Engineering or related disciplines, in addition to at least 7- 8 years work experience post-NYSC.
- Working knowledge of a broad range of relevant engineering systems, tools and practices.
- Strong technical background with understanding of relevant Engineering processes and drawings.
- A strong Commitment to HSSE.
- Should have strong team-working skills.
- Ability to deal with multiple, often conflicting, goals and priorities.
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team comprising Co-venturer, government and contractor persons.
- High degree of self motivation with a proven track record in achieving stretching personal and business goals.
- Demonstrate ability to mentor and coach less experienced staff.
- Very good communication skills.
- Commitment to making a career in the discipline.
How to Apply
Please click Here to Apply for the listing.
7 September, 2013