The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) invites applications for the position of Country Coordinator, N2Africa Nigeria. IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of tropical nations. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa. Please visit http://www.iita.org / for more information on IITA.
- Closely with researchers to advice on policies, standards and workflows for acquisition, description, and preservation of digital collections inciuding text, images. audio, video and research data.
- Participating in the design and development of services to support preservation of and access to digitized and born-digital content.
- Developing architecture for managing and integrating heterogeneous metadata to facilitate interoperable discovery across systems.
- Assessing the requirements for the new data sets to add to digital repositories, identifying and assessing potential data sources and working with data owners to add data incrementally to digital repositories.
- Working with domain experts to understand the structure and relationships of data setsand design a representative ontology.
- Develop a comprehensive taxonomy for organizing information resources based on research and business goals and requirements from stakeholders.
Qualification and Skills
- Masters degree in library/information science from an accredited institution.
- Five years of academic or research library/information experience.
- Experience with information repositories, digital preservation, indexing systems, taxonomy, metadata, and data curation, and developing standards.
- Understanding of collaborative online tools is required.
- Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills: display maturity and interpersonal skills, be patient and have high stress tolerance.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and quick at analyzir1g issues.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply.
19 December, 2013