This role performs varying degrees of problem determination and resolution of desktop hardware and software problems through the effective use of available technical resources, per contracted service level agreements. They may also perform installs, moves, adds and change (IMAC) activities, as well as data backup and restore on certain accounts, for clients. They are responsible for resolving problems and performing IMACs within Service Level Agreement objectives (SLA), and completing all related administrative duties.
As the main interface to the client, they need to understand the local and regional infrastructure and key contacts in the other competencies, i.e. network team, server admin, etc., in order to ensure that the proper team is aware of, and taking action on the problem. Strong client communication and business skills are therefore needed since direct client interaction is often required. Accordingly, they have a direct impact on client satisfaction, and therefore, need to understand their account/site environment.
- Resolve client hardware/software PC problem tickets.
- A technical knowledge of the supported platform is required as well as a working knowledge of the hardware.
- Resolve tickets within the client SLA and obtain a high client Satisfaction Rating. Good communication skills are required.
- Generally we need person who will be in charge of solving end-user problems related to end-user workstation He would be responsible for compliance with our standard.
- He will be in charge for Hand &Eyes activities for remote managed servers as well.
- New person could become our focal point in case of infrastructure projects including IP Telephony, mobility and all internal IT projects in IBM Nigeria.
Qualifications and Skills
- Technical Diploma.
- At least 3 years experience in IT.
- English: Fluent.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Operating systems especially Windows 7 – to be able to solve problems related.
- The Lotus Notes programming skills will provide additional benefit for us.
- Lotus Notes to be able to solve problems on end-user workstation.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Positive, helpful attitude and ability to work with others.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply for the job.
NOTE: IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
30 November, 2013