Channels TV, 44/48 Channels TV,
Off Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Isheri North, Lagos State
Channels TV urgently seeks an Online Content Producer to fill a position at its Headquarters in Lagos.
Position Type: Full Time
- Ensure the Website is updated as often as required by posting of current updates to Website daily.
- Plan, structure, edit, report, and write news and information content for the Website and other new media platforms.
- Create, edit and arrange the text, video, audio, images and other materials that may be included on the Website.
- Getting stories daily and writing news/feature stories out of live TV programmes for the Website.
- Transcribing TV tracks into online stories.
- Coordinate news editorial and technical staff to facilitate the migration of multi-media content to new media platforms, including video, audio, still photos and graphics.
- Assist in Online coverage of major news events, breaking news.
- Will serve as a Google+ Hangout Producer, which includes live transmission on YouTube.
- Managing the content on different social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and YouTube).
- Manage wire feeds and publish to the Website where appropriate.
- Monitor online analytics and reporting systems.
- Prepare, re-design and re-write reports articles sent in by TV correspondents on the field to suit publication on the Website.
- Source and edit photographs that should accompany articles published on the Website.
- Facilitate the editorial gathering of local Web news, writing and editing same.
- Gleaning information from various veritable sources and contacts and reproducing the material into strong compelling Web material using writing styles suitable for the Web.
- Upload Stories on the website-Word Press compliant Content Management System.
- Upload and edit videos using either offline or online software and upload same on Youtubewith appropriate tags, descriptions and annotations.
- Enhance the news content on the Web with outside links, maps, slideshows.
- Convert new media content to broadcast style.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines and ability to work under pressure as a member of a team.
- Exceptional communication and editing skills.
- Expert knowledge of Web production and reporting stories.
- Solid understanding of Web standards, design and usability.
- High skilled in all areas of editing and encoding techniques.
- Position demands excellent writing skills, Web editing, interface design and Web production skills.
- Must demonstrate good journalism and writing skills as well as an understanding of current events.
- Must have good understanding of journalism legal principles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Computer Science or an HND Degree in related field. Training in Multimedia production will be an added advantage.
- Should have at least 3-4 years professional experience of Web production and Web content management.
- Must have aptitude in Adobe Premiere and digital audio editing.
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced newsroom environment strongly preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Online Content-Management Systems preferred.
- Good understanding of mass media and social media.
How to Apply
Please do send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to Apply Online
NOTE: Eligible candidates applying for this position must be able to live and work in Lagos.
30 August, 2013